Mamblog is a component for Mambo 220.127.116.11 and Joomla 1.0.x
Mamblog requires PHP4 or above.
- Users can create a new blog item.
- Users can edit their own blog items.
- Items can be set to published, unpublished or archived.
- Archived items won't be listed in the main listing when showing blogs from the user, but only as linked titles when viewing a users archived blogs.
- Some appearence properties can be set, among these: text color, background color, border width (sets a border around the text), border color etc. Each of these can be disallowed in the configuration for the component.
- Item can be set to appear on the "frontpage", which means the item will show up on the frontpage of the site. This is configurable.
- Users can set if they want others to be able to comment on the blog item as well as setting if the comments should be publically shown. N.B. No internal comment system available at this moment.
- It is possible to list a single blog item, all published blogs by a user, all archived blogs from a user, all blogs on a given date, all blogs set to be shown on the frontpage and all blogs by all users. All of these lists conform to show only the amount of complete items and linked items that has been set by the admin, just as the Mambo frontpage.
- The admin can define which type of blogs should be shown on the blog frontpage.
- The script uses the content table in Mambo for all data.
- Completely automatical installation.
- Configurable whether new blog items need to be admin approved before shown on the site.
- Users can archive and unpublish their blogs.
- When adding/editing a blog item the user can set access restrictions for who can read the blog. Public, Members or Private.
- The admin can configure which extra attributes of blogs users should be able to edit.
- All config options changeable by an easy to use admin interface.
- Admin configurable if all users or only special users should be able to edit/create blogs.
- Multiple language files included: English, Swedish, Norwegian and Dutch.
- AkoComments and ComboLITE/ComboMAX comment systems supported.
- Supports all html editors supported by Mambo.
- Users can delete their own blog entries.
- User menu item to the users' own blog.
- Supports SEF links on all frontend links.
- Support for the SEF Advance script from Emir Sakic.
- When viewing a blog item there should be some sort of TrackBack link. I will have to investigate this further.
Possible extras for the future:
- A module to list the latest x blog items.
- A module to list the newest bloggers.
- Module to search bloggers.
- Module to jump to the page of a given blogger.
- Calendar module with links to all blogs of each day.
- Latest blogs of a randomized user.
- Let users create categories for their blogs.
- Connect links to categories.
- User selectable templates or preselected values for the colors etc.