The next version of Jobline will be version 1.2. This has been in development for a long time, and it will contain lots of new features. I'm currently working on adding in extra features added for clients and cleaning up the code, fixing bugs in all the new stuff etc.
Even though most of the work is already done, there is still much left to do. I'm working on this off and on, whenever I have time, but it is going to take a while. I can't give any esitimation on when I will have this version finished, it will be released when it is done.
For those who want to chip in and help sponsor the development of this version I've set up a donation page. If you want to speed up the release of this version, please consider making a donation.
Read on for a list of features that will be added.
Below is a non-exhuastive list of new features that will be available in Jobline v1.2.
- Registered users can list, edit and delete their own job postings.
- Jobs can be placed into categories and sub-categories in several levels.
- RSS feed of latest jobs.
- Configurable PayPal Payment buttons for job postings.
- Advanced CSV import functionality.
- Totally revamped administration page, with quick link icons for sub-pages, tabbed configuration page etc.
- Featured jobs can be set from the administrator page, to make them highlighted and more prominent in listings.
- Multiple sets of country states/provinces: US, Poland, Australia, Philippines, UK, Ireland, Canada
- New template set with divs instead of tables.
- CSS files for each template, editable from the administration page.
- Publishing limits, jobs can be set to be published in the future, and automatically removed at a specific date.
- Country selection for job postings, which can show flag for the given country.
- Configure option to override the default Joomla language in Jobline with one of the included Jobline languages.
- Language in Jobline selectable for each job.
- A whole range of new configuration options.
- Email addresses can be cloaked.
- Configure option to override the default Joomla wysiwyg editor for Jobline, or to turn it off completely.
- Documentation has been updated with better and more detailed information.
- Templates for more pages, like the job posting form.
- Ability to use all job posting data in lists.
- Refactored internal code.
- Plus lots of small changes to make the system work better.